Saturday, June 1, 2013

Summer 2013: Goals/Hopes/Thinkings

Jewelry. I've accumulated lots of materials: conventional jewelry-making stuff, general art materials, found objects. Yet I still can't push myself to make much. I kinda wanna have some jewelry-making workshop. If I had a space to do it, I could provide a great deal of stuff.

More books. I wanna keep exploring the materials that can become a book, ways a book can function and still be a book. Also,what can be expressed/communicated within the context of a book: -how ideas can grow on pages, how written language and sculpture combine. I'm making it more complicated... MAKING BOOKS IS AWESOME. We should all be making books and filling pages. I wanna have a book-making workshop, too, same type of thing as the jewelry-making.

I really want to learn to weld. Gotta look into classes/workshops/etc.

also: exploring the concepts of hypermedia. trying to find old tape recorders/players. found some hand-held tape-player in the attic,* I suppose browsing the house and a couple thrift stores or craigslist could help me with that (as well as with TVs, VCRs, monitors, etc. etc. if I decide to go crazy with that shit like I've been wanting to.)
* Gonna try to turn the attic into a studio?  Any additional space is gonna help immensely, and I'll be able to make shit again. Maybe even have a place to do larger/wackier stuff. I'll need a huge fan, maybe like the ones you see at T stations (the ones at the IKEA warehouse would be *too* big.)

I wish I had a warehouse or abandoned factory or even just an empty room to fill with the making of stuff.
-Cover the walls with collage  -make a cave or fortress outta stuff  -make a maze  -I could keep going but that's silly

I wanna collaborate with people, work together. I'm realizing how fucking difficult that can be, but also starting to grasp how some connections require certain dynamics that don't work with anyone else. [[Not sure if that explained anything. My school taught me to write/think like that; its slogan is "Where Ideas Take Shape," a four-word abstraction of "ART SCHOOL" that somebody doesn't already own. ]] I'll try again after I sleep. I should already be asleep but my brain be bouncin'.

I'll proofread this later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment